10 Mar Diet – Part 10 Of 12 Of The One Skin Series
It’s no secret that any teenager who eats a candy bar will almost immediately develop acne.
- But did you know—
- Diabetes is associated with increased skin infections, slow healing wounds and skin breakdown.
- Increased sugar in the blood results in glycation, causing attachment of sugar molecules to collagen.
- Glycation is responsible for:
- Increased inflammation
- Increased oxidative stress
- Blood vessel dysfunction
- All three accelerate the mechanisms of skin aging.
- Metabolic Syndrome (pre-diabetes) is at risk for:
- alopecia (hair loss)
- Chronic alcohol is known to cause flushing and telangiectasias (enlarged blood vessels) to the face